Each player is personally responsible to wear protective equipment for all games, warm-ups and practices. It is recommended that all protective equipment be designed specifically for ice hockey. The following items are required to be worn at all times:
- Helmet (All Ages) - HECC Approved helmet with Facemask and Chin Strap. Helmets may not be painted or emblazoned with stickers.
- Mouth Guard (Required for 12U and older, including Goalies - Recommended in all ages.) - Must be colored.
- Throat Protectors (Goalies)
- Shoulder Pads (All Ages)
- Hockey Skates (All Ages - Skate Guards Optional)
- Hockey Stick, should measure between chin and nose when on skates (All Ages)
- Pants and Suspenders (All Ages)
- Elbow Pads (All Ages)
- Supporter and Cup (All Ages)
- Hockey Gloves (All Ages)
- Socks and Garter Belt (All Ages)
- Shinpads and Straps/ Sock Tape (All Ages)
All protective equipment, except gloves, padded hockey pants, helmet/facemask and goalkeeper's leg guards, must be worn under the uniform. Players, including goalkeepers, violating this rule shall not be permitted to participate in the game until such equipment has been corrected or removed.
Play it Again Sports is able to assist in the proper fitting of all equipment and are strong supporters of Hockey Club Fairbanks.